Friday, March 20, 2009

island in the sun


Hello from the beautiful island of Abaco in the Bahamas. Not too easy to get internet access, good food, or any other luxuries we enjoy in the USA. However, the water, sun, and sand are exquisite and worth every day of sacrifice. Just to give you a little visual...


These were not the sunniest days :(


I have felt remiss in my posting. I actually miss the connection I think I am having with the WWW, reporting on my random-ness, discovering if anyone new has found my blog yet, if anyone who is following has any good feedback, etc.



During all these days of quiet, sun, and relaxation, I have been pondering the life and times of three.home. I have missed my little world of beautiful things, and I do mean little. All of about 900 square feet layered with home accessories of all kinds.


I think about all the buying trips I have been on, what I have seen, and all the inspiration. I miss the stories that occur and then later come to mind when I find treasures for the shop. The most adored elements of owning my own shop are the buying, the placing, arranging, merchandising, displaying, staging and so on. All the same. My connection is tactile, the touch and the visual.

I love the hunt, whether it is antique shows, estate sales, people offering something they want to sell, gift shows, or other misc sales - I love it all.

And then there is the next step. Where in the shop to put each piece I find, what things should be together, on what shelf or piece of furniture, high, low, with similar objects, with pieces of similar color. My mind wonders at times about the most unexpected place for a treasure to be, and then I can't wait to try it.
I will be back to regular posting next week and looking forward to it.
Hi Anne, we all miss you if you are following this week...

No comments: