Tuesday, February 10, 2009

dog days



So I probably haven't mentioned a friend of mine who happens to be a dog trainer, and that she uses my shop as part of training for socializing the dog. There are days when she brings in 2-4 dogs a day. Her training program usually starts with a 4 hour session. Just the other day as I was becoming more exhausted just watching her with yet another dog - in the car out of the car, in my shop out of my shop, in yet another place...you get the idea - I said to her that this routine of hers is like speed dating. Instead of having different dates come to your table, talk about themselves for a couple of minutes and then move on to the next table, every couple hours a different dog comes into the shop, they do their loop through the shop, stop at the till for some chatting, possibly a test or two for jumping or whining, then a little human socializing between Michelle and I then out again. All this sometimes 4 times a day. Of course I have to comment on each dog and its name, their behavior issues, how they are doing on that given day, etc. It is actually pretty funny.

Last week she walks in with this little red teacup poodle... My dream date? Oh, I mean dream dog? ooooooo so cute, but does he come from a good family?

Actually Michelle was doing a breeder friend a favor and trying to sell the pup - there were 2. Due to the fact that Michelle is such a good sales person, as well as dog trainer, and a little due to her southern charm, she sold these cutie pies in a matter of hours for a mere $1100. Of course they come with all the papers etc. (not my gig).




Back in the summer there was Lucy . So big, so cute, so much slobber.




I bring this random-ness up because there are days where seeing Michelle and whatever friend/client she has brightens my day so much. And lately with business as slow as it is, I need the brightness. xxx


I should tell you that Michelle and I met when I chased her down on the sidewalks of Chagrin Falls last spring. In a panic because my new puppy 'Garcia' had somehow lost all of his manners that he so cleverly demonstrated when we interviewed him for our familiy dog, he was all but running the house. Not only did she train Garcia - to the point that when he sees her driving up the street he literally sits promptly at attention and waits for her to park, get out and give him love - but she also trained our newest addition. We got E.Z. on Fathers day this past summer. E.Z. - everything but...is entirely a different story, another blog. But as promised Michelle got her to behave somewhat normally - at least for a hound/beagle mix.


No comments: