Friday, February 6, 2009

Antsy Pantsy Delivery Day


Happy Friday. Happy Sunshine.

I mentioned in my last blog that I would be introducing something new in the shop. I have been looking forward to this all week. Today is the day! I am witnessing 2 incredibly beautiful, creative women, Cynthia Phelps and Donna Morrow-Alusheff, immersed in one of their personal passions: retooled, recycled, one-of-a-kind clothing.



They have carefully {re} designed miscellaneous garments that were previously something else into unique 'treasures' to wear! There are so many wonderful pieces I can't begin to tell you about all of them. But think of pieces you have seen in NYC or Europe perhaps, or in magazines, on models and stars who we covet - slip-dresses, t's, scarves, workshirts!, jeans. You have to come into three.home and see their creations. We are attempting to find the best place in the shop to display them, and it has been so fun. I love their energy and I think having yet another special something in the shop that no one else has is such a coup in terms of retail - at least in my world. Anyone who has been to three.home knows one of the most important goals for us is to find and sell the odd stuff that has never been seen before, or at least not often - stuff that you don't even know you want until you see it here and then can't stop thinking about it. First home accessories and now clothing.




I cannot wait to comb through every single piece and examine all the clever details. I have this very funky brown & cream, vintage checked dress that is a tiny bit too short for me and I have been searching for the right thing to wear with it. Leggings and boots are not enough. Although my 14-year-old was encouraging me to 'go for it'. I explained to her how delicate the fashion version of 'going for it' becomes as we get more mature. In any case, I know one of these pieces by ANTSY PANTSY will be perfect with it. I will have more pictures when everything is in place.



On another note, I finally visited a blog and website belonging to someone you may already know - Danielle DeBoe of Room Service: http://www.roomservicecleveland.com. Her stuff is great. We have very similar tastes. Lucky for all who live nearer to Gordon Square (65th and Detroit). This is a new area in Cleveland and gaining its celebrity. I haven't visited her shop yet, but I am sure it will be a great experience. Danielle's blog was very entertaining. As I am getting more and more comfortable with the 'blog world' I will be creating a list of 'links' or favorites. She will definitely be on it. In the meantime, check it out.
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

cynthia phelps said...

Rory - Thank you for your support and excitement with our line of "recycled" clothing and accessories. We are delighted to share our passion for one of a kind pieces, for those who love something out of the ordinary! Your unique home furnishings work perfectly with our vision in style. I can't wait for our coming out party within the next few weeks. We'll be spreading the word! ~ Cynthia