Saturday, January 17, 2009

First bit of free advice from me:






I found this guy...who has a warehouse...you know the story. But his industrial finds are really cool and local to Cleveland. I have several different pieces in my shop for sale. He usually leaves whatever paint is on there, unless it needs to be roughed up a bit. Then he oils and waxes every inch of the pieces so all the loose stuff comes off and it has a bit of a finish or protective coating. Almost shiny. You really have to use some imagination to incorporate one of these extremely rough looking pieces in your home. But the results are unique, warm, creative, and unexpected. If you want your home to reflect these qualities, here is a place to start.

2 comments:

Pamela Arkin said...

I loved your blog. wonderful information in a super comfortable way. I loved your blog on the artist who did the installation in London. Amazing. I would love to see her work in person. I'm so glad your Mom told me about your blog. I always wondered what a blog was and now I know. You have a wonderful store and I love the cards I bought there. Love Pam Arkin

Pamela Arkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.